Being a teenage girl is bloody hard work. Well, being a female in general is exhausting.
As females we occasionally have days that are, quite frankly, absolutely poop. Sometimes this is for no reason at all, but when there is a reason it is usually along the lines of a parent/boyfriend/work/can't find shoe/hair won't go right type fiasco. I've been known to break pieces of furniture during extremely heated arguments with my hairbrush. Sometimes all you need is to completely de-stress and let go of the crappy day you've just had. I remember being a stroppy 15 year old with no money wanting to throw hairbrushes on a regular basis, so here are 10 things you can do which are totally free and will hopefully help you to feel better.
Have a bubble bath
Wash the day away! I'm fairly certain that bubbles contain magical healing powers, because even thinking about them makes me happy. Doesn't matter if I feel poorly or sad or tired - a long hot bubble bath is a sure way to make me feel better. If you've had a super crappy day, I recommend a bath bomb, lush have fabulous ones. The perfect bubble bath is a combination of bubbles, candles and soaking until you're pruney.
Curl up with a good book
I always find old favourites to be calming when you're feeling rubbish. Give me a blanket, cup of tea and Pride & Prejudice (the best book ever written) and I'm a happy bunny. A good book completely takes your mind off of anything negative and you get swept up in the story. If I'm feeling particularly as though I hate the world I indulge in a little Jacqueline Wilson, nothing like a childhood favourite to cheer you up.
Spring clean
This is therapeutic for everyone but if you're a teenage girl with a load of built up emotion and anger (I mentioned my hairbrush right?!) this is so helpful. Hoovering is such a good way to physically get rid of any stress and it burns calories - bonus! Making your bed makes your bedroom instantly look better which instantly makes you feel better. Draw back your curtains and let some sunlight and vitamin D through the windows. These little things seem so silly but they really do help when you're feeling like you want to throw hairbrushes.
De-Clutter
Be ruthless! You do not need those 37 odd socks or that growing pile of magazines and papers. Chuck them out! You can do it! If your home is cluttered your mind can be too. Throwing out clutter can symbolise getting rid of negative thoughts. Defeat that inner hoarder.
Go for a walk
This is something I do often. Put on your bobble hat/sunglasses and wellies/flipflops, and get out there. Sometimes its so good to get out of the house and clear your head, especially if you're stressed out. I love plugging myself into my ipod and shutting out the world while I walk. Taking your phone with you is always good in case you want to take photos on your walk or call someone for a chat. If you're about to flip your lid and yell at your housemate/brother/parents/boyfriend/pet rabbit/hairbrush I feel as though this is the tip I should most strongly recommend.
Have a deleting spree
Delete all the photos you've taken of your thumb over the lens and clear your messages of texts from dominoes pizza and Vodafone. A personal favourite is to delete any drunk text messages I've sent. Y'know the ones that physically, mentally and emotionally hurt you to look back on. This one falls under the same category as de-cluttering.
Graze some pages
The beauty of blogs is that they are absolutely free, you can read them anywhere in the world and they pretty much cover any topic imaginable. Which is how I seem to spend 1000000000 hours a day reading them. I think I have a problem. Ladies, Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter will brighten your day instantly. She's glitter, happiness, love, joy and cuteness all rolled into one... Can you even handle the excitement?! Read a few of her blog posts for an instant pick me up. Tanya Burr is another lovely lady who's posts make me happy when I'm feeling a bit blue. That's what I'd love people to say about my blog!
Make a cup of tea
I'm English, it seems to be the answer to all of our problems. Go figure.
Pick up the phone
Many an evening has been spent waiting for someone to text me back and I hate to admit that it has ended up with me in tears and being such a girl. Why is this? I'll tell you why. Texts are stupid. They can so easily be ignored, misunderstood, not even delivered and so many other ridiculous things. Pick up the phone and call someone for a proper chinwag (for those of you who aren't English this means chat).
And finally... look at cute animals on the internet
So simple. So effective. Kittens in teacups all the way

No comments:
Post a Comment