Tuesday, 31 December 2013

2013...

2013. My twentieth year. 2 decades of my life... That's quite an achievement. And a lot of birthday cakes. I must admit that turning 20 this year was quite a shock. Being in your twenties sounds pretty scary. It puts you in the same category as people who are 29... people that age tend to have things like houses and marriages and children. I however have handbags, an uncontrollable addiction to the tv and showbiz section of the daily mail website and no idea where my life is headed. I seriously hope at age 29 I am not still in this situation (which right now I don't really mind).

I want anybody who reads this to know that so much can change in a year. For me, 2013 has sadly been a year with more downs than ups.

The 'ups' include celebrating my best friend Em's 21st birthday, a girly day at the seaside on a very sunny day with my mum and best friends Em, Lizzie and Lesley, going to Cornwall on holiday, starting this blog, going to the Harry Potter studio tour with my family, and actually deciding what I want to do with my life. The 'downs' don't need to be shared as they are now a part of my past.

I really discovered what I'm made of this year; its been extremely tough at times. This year I experienced knowing exactly who I am but also I let life get on top of me and experienced not knowing who I was or where I was going. I've learnt that knowing who you are is important and I'm not going to let that slip away from me again. 2013 has taught me to follow my dreams (cliche alert!) and not let anything get in my way. This is easier said than done, but now I know how important it is. I'm using everything that I experienced in 2013 as inspiration, motivation and one mahoooosive life lesson.

I want 2014 to be all about chasing my dreams and putting the past behind me.
To those of you who also had a pretty tough 2013, don't give up! Make 2014 your year!




Cheerio x

No comments:

Post a Comment